Call for Papers
The International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (ijCSCL) is seeking submissions of journal-quality papers. The publisher’s official website for this journal is located at www.springeronline.com/journal/11412 and includes instructions for authors and other important information. For an overview of submission procedures, please see www.ijcscl.org/?go=procedures. Please email any questions or inquiries to info (at) ijcscl.org.
ijCSCL is interested in applicable, high-quality work, from the empirical to the theoretical. This may include the following types of articles:
- An empirical study, a case study or a summary of a set of studies illustrating the usefulness of a particular research methodology, such as multi-level statistical analysis, interpretive conversation analysis, or a combination of complementary methods.
- A literature review of the state-of-the-art of some aspect of CSCL, such as support for sociability and social awareness in CSCL environments or mobile computer support for collaborative learning.
- A conceptual contribution, such as a theoretical analysis of some aspect
computer-mediated collaborative knowledge-building or group meaning-making.
- A proposal concerning an important methodological issue, such as how to integrate quantitative and qualitative analysis within design-based research.
- A description of an innovative CSCL technology or pedagogical approach,
with some report of user experiences.
- A discussion of a social issue impacting CSCL as a field, such as cultural barriers to global collaboration.
- An overview of CSCL-related findings at a research lab or research network, along with a description of an agenda for future work.
- Other … be creative … propose a new genre.
ijCSCL is committed to publishing
high-quality work from around the world. We will work closely with authors to
improve the language and clarity of their presentations. We welcome articles
relevant to CSCL from cognate disciplines. Please post and circulate the Call
for Papers within your labs and research networks.
Download the Call for Papers: