Benefits of Publishing in ijCSCL
The International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning is committed to publishing high-quality articles at a competitive pace. In keeping with the community it serves, ijCSCL uses cutting-edge technologies combined with professional publication expertise to enhance all aspects of the publication process. Some of the benefits of publishing with ijCSCL include:
- ijCSCL has a high impact factor. The first year of ranking it’s impact factor was 2.692, the second highest ranking of any educational research journal in the world.
- A rigorous double-blind peer review process to ensure complete impartiality.
- Indexing and abstracting by ISI (Thomson Reuters) in: Social Sciences Citation Index® / Social Scisearch®; Journal Citation Reports / Social Sciences Edition; Current Contents® / Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- Language editing of all accepted manuscripts to support international submissions.
- A web-enabled manuscript submission and tracking system to speed review and publication.
- Upon acceptance for publication, a pre-proof, open-access version is posted to this website where it is searchable by Google and available world-wide free of charge.
- Article publication that is up to 6 months faster than comparable journals, allowing new ideas to enter the intellectual community faster. Shortly after acceptance for publication, the article is published on Springer’s website. This is the official version and publication date.
- Every article on the Springer website is given a unique, permanent digital object identifier (DOI). DOIs are a means of permanently citing digital objects that exist on Web sites.
- Every article’s reference list is coded with the CrossRef System on the Springer website. This is a cross-publisher system to facilitate the spread of information by creating hyperlinks to the online access point of all reference material.
These benefits are designed to simultaneously increase the journal’s overall quality, maximize access and dissemination, increase the journal’s usefulness to researchers, and decrease the time from manuscript submission to article publication.
By combining all of these services in one journal, ijCSCL provides a publishing environment that combines the best of new technology with proven industry standards to create a journal that is innovative in both subject and form.